View Management allows you view tickets that meet your pre-defined criteria. Whether you are working alone or in a team, you will have options to create your own views and shared views with everyone or selected individuals. This article will guide you through the necessary steps to set up your views.
Shared Views and Private Views #
Views are are located in the “Inbox” tab with two types:
- “Shared Views” is where lists of filtered tickets are displayed among the whole team or specific individuals depending on the preference of the the one who created the view. By default, “All Tickets” view is created automatically to display all tickets you have had so far.
- “Private Views” is where your own lists of filtered tickets are displayed and they are only visible to you.
Create a new View #
Note: There is no limitation on how many views you can create.
Here are the steps to create a new View:
Step 1: Select “More Options” > “Create New View” in the “Inbox” tab
Step 2: Name your View and select the access permission for your View. You will be given 3 options to choose:
- Everyone: The View will be visible to all teammates in your workspace. Once created, this View will be located in the “Shared Views“.
- Only me: The View will only be visible to only you. Once created, this View will be located in the “Private Views“.
- Shared: The View will be visible to you and specific individuals which you can choose. You can share it to a “Group” or selected teammates in your workspace. Once created, this View will be located in the “Shared Views“.
Step 3: Click “Next” to proceed to the next step
Step 4: This is where you can adjust the settings to filter the tickets you want to view
- Channel: You can either choose tickets coming via “Email” or “Widget” channels. For “Email” channel, you can also select where the tickets are sent – via default MooseDesk email address or your own support email. Click “Save” once you have selected the preferred email.
Note: Make sure that you have added set up your support email via Email Forwarding with the help of this article.
- Tags: Tickets with selected Tags will be displayed in your View.
Note: Tags can be added while you create a new ticket or you can also add them manually in the “Settings” tab. For more details, you can refer to this article about Tags.
- Created Date and Closed Date: Filter the Tickets that have been created and closed in a specific time period.
- Advanced filter: Filter the Tickets with last reply by either your Customers or Teammates in a specific time period.
- Rules Applied Overview: You can double check all the selected filters on the right tab. Once finalized, click “Create” and your View is ready to go.
Edit View Settings #
Once a View has been created, you can also change the settings and filters again. To do that, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to “View” tab and select the View you want to edit the settings
Step 2: Go to “More options” and you will have the option to “Edit View“, “Duplicate View” and “Delete View“
Step 3: Feel free to change the name, manage access permission and all filters again. Once finished, click “Update View” to save the settings. You can also have the option to remove the View by selecting “Delete View” or undo the changes by selecting “Reset“.
Support Channels #
If you ever need assistance, our Help Center is packed with comprehensive guides and tutorials.
At MooseDesk, we’re always here to help. Our dedicated email and live chat teams are available around the clock. Drop us an email at email@example.com, or click the Live Chat icon located at the bottom left corner of the MooseDesk Dashboard, our official website, and even within this Help Center.